Name:
Location: Waiʻanae, Hawaiʻi, United States

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 2

Okay...last night I was still hungry!

Today I am doing good.
Went for a walk around the block a few times with my daughter...it was more like going shopping and dragging along a cement block the 3rd time around. Did some push ups.Wh

Yesterday I bought a new cook book with South Beach Diet recipes prepared & cooked in about 30 minutes.

I don't like curry, but on my trip to Aotearoa I had a fantastic treat they call butter chicken. It just looks like a butter sauce but it is really made of curry & it is fantastic. This Indian Chicken recipe kind of reminded me of my trip.

Indian Chicken
1 1/2 pounds of boneless/skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tbs canola oil
1 small onion diced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbs curry powder
1 tsp powdered ginger-but I used fresh ginger grated
2 lbs. cauliflower, cut into florets-but I used peas instead because I don't like the idea of food monotony; but it probably affects the calories
1 (13.5oz) can light coconut milk
1/2 cup lower-sodium chicken broth or water
salt and freshly ground pepper

Good luck and clue me in on any changes you've made to make it better or to avoid.

Lastly-My "Why I am doing this" section:

Because my husband says that I donʻt arch my back nearly as much these days...gotta get back...if you know what I mean *wink*

xoxo...
uʻi

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home